The Abington School Committee and Administration would like to recognize and commend the following:
- Abington High School students who were awarded prizes at this year’s Scholastic Art and Writing Awards: Erielle Amboy, Honorable Mention, Photography; Luciano Da Silva, Honorable Mention, Painting; Cecelia Lindo, Honorable Mention, Drawing; Ciara Monteiro, Gold Key, Painting; Lidia Vidal, Honorable Mention in both Painting and Photography.
- Freshman, Hannah Tirrell, for receiving the President’s Volunteer Service Award for her exemplary volunteer service in her community. Hannah was nominated last fall by Abington High School for national honors in recognition of her volunteer service.
- Abington High School Green Wave Gazette club members and Ms. Pflaumer, Advisor, for being awarded the Title of SNO Distinguished Site status.
- Isabelle Assaf, a Junior at Abington High School, for earning a Massachusetts Educational Guild Award for Acting as Lana Toller in “Whose Side Are You On” at the METG Festival.
- Seniors Cam Curney and Lauren Keleher for being the recipients of the South Shore League Scholar Athlete Award, an award which recognizes the top student athletes in the league, those who excel academically and athletically.
- Abington High School for being named the winner of the South Shore League Clark Chatterton Sportsmanship Award for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Senior Cam Curney for being the District C winner of the Richard J. Phelps Scholar Athlete Award/Scholarship.
- Grade 8 students, Halle McDonnell, Lily McGann and Justin Tracia for building a Virtual Abington Middle School in Minecraft.
- High School Freshman, Amaya Turner, for placing first in the Humans of Dementia Contest.