Abington High School
Grades: 9-12 Hours: 7:25 AM -1:57 PM
SENIOR NEWS - 05/29/2020
Seniors and parents of seniors - please read your school email regarding a graduation survey and submit your responses - thank you.
CLASS OF 2020 - SENIOR NEWS - 05/25/2020
Stay on the lookout on your last day of school - Thursday, May 28, 2020; a surprise is coming your way between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Listen and watch outside your house. Let’s celebrate your day!
Fourth term report card period for seniors ends on Thursday, May 28 2020. Final senior report cards will be distributed during cap and gown pickup on Thursday, June 4 and Friday, June 5, 2020. Locker cleanout (academic and athletic) will take place on Thursday, June 4 and Friday, June 5, 2020. Laptops, chargers, cases, books, instruments and uniforms will be turned in at this time. Cap and gown packets will also be distributed (final report cards, two copies of health records, permanent records and Individual Education Plans). Academic awards and scholarships will also be included in student’s cap and gown packet.
Online ordering of yearbooks has closed. If you did not order a yearbook, you will still be able to purchase one. Please email the yearbook advisor Ms. McHugh at kimberlymchugh @abingtonps.org to reserve a yearbook. Payment can be made during locker cleanout.
A parade of graduates/senior cruise will be held on Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
- 8:30 AM - Decorate your cars at home. Graduates may wear their cap and gown, but they not required. All vehicle and road regulations apply (seatbelts, occupancy, speed limit). Families may ride in vehicle. Only one vehicle per graduate.
- 9:45 AM - Arrive at the Abington Public Library parking lot 10:00 AM. Depart for processional route led by Abington Police Department. Finish with one loop around high school.
Do not exit your vehicle at any time.CLASS OF 2020 - SENIOR NEWS - 05/01/20
- Members of the Class of 2020 interested in purchasing a yearbook should go to the website YBPay.com and enter the school ID code #10283020
- Seniors should be receiving a letter in the mail regarding senior activities. Please carefully review the information and place it in a convenient place so that you may refer to it as necessary. The letter was also sent via email and constant contact.
- Locker cleanout (academic and athletic) will take place on Thursday, June 4th and Friday, June 5th. Laptops, chargers, cases, books, instruments and uniforms will be turned in at this time. Cap & gowns packets will also be distributed.
- A Parade of Graduates/Senior Cruise will be held on Saturday, June 6th at 10:00 am.
- Senior Week will be held the week of August 3, 2020.
Diploma Name Verification/Cap & Gown Measurement sheets were distributed to members of the Class of 2020. Seniors should return the completed sheet, together with $20.00 to the main office as soon as possible.. Senior portrait sessions will be offered on December 9 and 17, 2019 in the Library/Media Center for all members of the Class of 2020 that have not had a senior portrait done for the yearbook.
SENIOR SUPERLATIVES - 11/20/2019
Seniors will be receiving superlative packets in homerooms on Thursday, November 21st. Packets are due to Ms. McHugh in room 2217 by Wednesday, November 27th. Please see Ms. McHugh with any questions!
ON-THE-SPOT ADMISSIONS - 11/19/2019
The following schools will be available for On-The-Spot Admission decisions in the Guidance office:
SENIOR YEARBOOK NEWS - 11/12/2019
December 9th has been added as a date for yearbook portraits. Please contact Lifetouch at 800-426-9533 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make your appointment. See Ms. McHugh or Ms. Slayton with questions
COLLEGE VISITATIONS - 10/28/2019
The student/family visit to a college campus is an important part of the post-secondary planning process. Students are encouraged to schedule college interviews and campus tours to help them make more informed choices. Often these visits cannot be scheduled around the high school calendar. Juniors and seniors will be allowed five college visits that must be completed by May 1 of their senior year. Military visits include tours, information sessions, interview placement exams and other military obligations. Upon return to school the student must bring a note from the school visited to the main office.
Seniors with a November 1st college deadline must turn in the green transcript release before October 25th to their guidance counselor.
SENIOR NEWS FROM THE GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT - 09/16/19
The Guidance Department will be conducting college workshops in senior English classes this week to provide seniors with information on college applications. Please refer to your blue folder (from last year) to refresh your memory. Seniors will receive a new green folder explaining everything seniors need to know about the college application process. The folder contains information about deadlines, SAT scores, teacher recommendations, etc. Seniors should make an appointment with their guidance counselor after the workshop.
All seniors must be photographed for the yearbook by Prestige Portraits. Prestige Portraits will be taking photos at Island Grove (main entrance on Park Ave.) on Monday, August 5, 2019 from 9 AM to 4 PM. Go online to sign up for an appointment at PRESTIGEPORTRAITS.COM. Use your unique code, which was mailed home by Prestige Portraits. A session fee is due at your sitting in cash (exact change), check or money order. Make checks payable to Prestige Portraits. For more details about your Prestige Portraits senior photo, please click here...