Things Worth Knowing
The Abington School Committee and Administration would like to recognize and commend the following:
- Abington High School students and staff for receiving the United States Department of Education 2018 National Blue Ribbon Award, an Award for being recognized for making significant progress for closing achievement gaps among different groups of students.
- The High School Drama Club for presenting the Laramie Project on November 1 and 2
- The Woodsdale Elementary School for hosting an upcoming author visit from Jessica Kensy and Patrick Downes, Illustrated by Patrick Magoon on October 30th to share their story, Rescue & Jessica, A Life-Changing Friendship
- The Beaver Brook Elementary School Reading Department for coordinating the school-wide reading program called, RAH, RAH Reading with a Pep Rally as well as the Abington High School Football Cheerleaders, members of the Abington High School Marching Band and members of the Abington High School Varsity Football Team. These young adults did an outstanding job and are wonderful role models to our students at the BBES! Their enthusiasm and talent was impressive to all! Members of each group spoke to the importance of reading in their lives, favorite books and fond reading memories which resonated with our young students. Additionally, they volunteered their own free time and on the afternoon of an important game! They are great example of community citzenship! Football Players: Brady Cristoforo, Christian Labossier, Dylan Magararu, Mike Broomstein, Will Klein, Josiah Rosa, Marching Band Members: Max Humberd, David Edwards, Victoria Donahue, Chris Jean, Kathryn Genest, Lidia Vidal; Cheerleaders: Lindsay Augusta, Kate Baxter, Jillian Cabral, Elizabeth Campbell, Kerry Cardinal, Lily Clifford, Emma Jane Coe, Haven DiMambro, Carolyn Doherty, Emmalee Ezzell, Leah Kinniburgh, Mikayla Littman, Aleena Magnasco, Olivia Maguire, Emily Morrell, Kristin Parks, Lily Shea, Shannon Snyder, Andrew Vasquez, Julie Warsheski, Julia Wedge, Kylie Zebrasky; also special thanks to the Athletic Director, Peter Serino, Marching Band Director, Charlie Blanchette and Coach Alyssa McSharry!
- The Beaver Brook Elementary School PTO, students, staff and families for a successful Boosterthon Fun Run Event on October 25th
- Kate Casey, Abington Public Schools’ Wellness Director, for receiving the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association’s (MIAA) Wellness Coordinator of the Year Award
- The Abington Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) for hosting Jessica Minahan, Special Educator and Board Certified Behavior Analyst, and her presentation, Strategies for Reducing Anxiety in Children