MCAS TESTING — CLASS OF 2020
Sophomores will take the English Language Arts MCAS on March 27th, March 28th and March 29th. School attendance on these days is crucial. Make-up dates are minimal and prescribed by the state. All students must take and pass the English Language Arts, Mathematics and Science MCAS tests in order to earn a high school diploma in Massachusetts. We recommend that you discuss the behaviors below with your child regarding their responsibilities during MCAS testing which will invalidate a test.
- duplicating any portion of the test or answer booklets (e.g., photocopying, copying)
- accessing prohibited materials such ass cell phones or other electronic devices (e.g., music players, game consoles, any device capable of taking photographs) for any purpose
- consulting notes, books, or instructional materials during testing
- working in a session other than the one being administered, looking at questions or tests pages beyond the stop sign, or going back to a previous session
- damaging test materials or removing any part of them from the testing room
- discussing the content of test booklets or responses to questions with anyone, including teachers