Abington High School
Grades: 9-12 Hours: 7:25 a.m.-1:57 p.m.
The mission of NEASC is to assess and promote the quality of education through the accreditation of its members.
“Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges” assures that our members:
- Strive to achieve rigorous and common standards in education
- Demonstrate substantive institutional commitment to continual improvement
- Commit to balancing the creative tensions that exist between local autonomy and public authority
- Nurture individual creative accomplishment
Accreditation is a catalyst for school accreditation.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges:
- Promotes public recognition of the challenges that accredited institutions face both in common and in particular
- Encourages the pursuit of a unique mission in distinctive circumstances by each member
- Elucidates for our member schools, the public, legislative bodies, and governing boards the value, philosophy, and practice of accreditation
The work of accreditation is to make the process of accreditation reflect the need for the highest possible standards in education amidst the varying purposes, constituencies, and practical realities our members serve. We advocate for thoughtful self-reflection guided by meticulous peer review. We assist member schools in navigating accreditation in a context often dictated by federal, state, or local mandates and by limited means.
NEASC Five-Year Progress Report for Abington High School
NEASC Special Progress Report - January 2, 2015
NEASC February 2018 Parent Survey