WOODSDALE SCHOOL 2016 "REPORT CARD"
Woodsdale School's 2016 "Report Card" has been recently released and is available on the Woodsdale website. You will need to click on "School Links" and then click on the "2016 Woodsdale Report Card" link. In this report you will find the following important information about our school:
- Student enrollment and teacher quality: This section of the report card provides information about the students and teachers in our school as compared to the district and state.
- Student assessment: This section of the report shows how our students are performing on the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) tests as compared to the district and state.
- School and district accountability information: This section of the report contains three important pieces of information.
*Accountability and Assistance Levels: Schools and districts are placed into one of five accountability and assistance levels (1-5), with the highest performing in Level 1 and lowest performing in Level 5. Our school has been placed into Level (2).
*School Percentiles: A school percentile between 1 and 99 is reported for most schools. This number shows the overall performance of our school relative to other schools that serve the same or similar grades. Our school percentile is fifty-two (52%). This means that our school is performing higher than 53 percent of the elementary schools in the state.
*Progress and Performance Index (PPI) is a number that indicates our school's progress toward narrowing the proficiency gaps, in other words, helping all students reach proficiency and be prepared for success after high school. Massachusetts has set a goal of reducing proficiency gaps by half between the years 2011 and 2017. For a group of students to be considered to be making sufficient progress toward narrowing proficiency gaps, its cumulative PPI must be 75 or higher.
We encourage you to become involved in helping us improve our school. Some of the ways you can become involved are:
- Encouraging your child's learning at home and their participating in after-school help
- Attending parent-teacher meetings and other special meetings.
For more information about our school's report card or to request information about the qualifications of your child's classroom teachers, please feel free to contact me at 781-982-2180.
David Summergrad, Principal